Confidence is interesting. I’ve watched it come and go in myself and other people.
Sometimes I think, wouldn’t it be nice if I could just be confident all the time?
Well.. yeah.. duh… that would be nice.
It’s also 100% doable.
Confidence is part of a healthy mindset. A mindset you can adopt, change, develop and start right FORKING now.
All confident people know their strengths, they are not afraid of failure, they stand tall, they are people of action, they are problem solvers, and they definitely don’t have a problem with self doubt or negativity.
CONFIDENCE is an EXTREMELY ATTRACTIVE quality. So the sooner you get on board with it the better your life will be.
I say this as a person… who spent so much of her life never knowing what she wanted and couldn’t make a decision to save her life.
Be confident in everything you do and every choice you make.
It always breaks my heart, when I come across people with an underdog mentality or worse a victim mentality. I just sit there thinking to myself… Dude. The only person not rooting for you is you! Get out there, jump in, make a splash, make a scene, be forking brilliant.
Here are a few key things I hope will ease you on the right path to becoming a more confident you.
- Start practicing self-love. Stand in front of the mirror…. Look at yourself… and say at least 7 things you love about yourself. The first time around you probably won’t believe them… But if Spongebob can stand on a roof and say “I’m ugly, and I’m proud,” then I have full confidence that you can say I love my birthmark it makes me unique. I love my eyes(stop calling them pooh brown). I love that I love fiercely. I love that I am creative. I love my passion for animals(or whatever your passionate about). I love that I am nerdy. I love that I am currently practicing self love. I love my body the way it is. I love my dimples. I love my sense of humor. I love my honesty. I love that I am genuine. I love that I am kind. Alright 7 things! Repeat them…google positive affirmations if you have too. Repeat them to yourself like a mantra. Do it when you aren’t in front of the mirror I don’t care. Positive self talk. Try it. It’s fun. Maybe dance in front of the mirror while you’re at it?
- Eliminate negative thought patterns. Any time you start to think a negative thought turn it into multiple positive thoughts. It’s all about perspective.
- Stop with the self doubt. Write down your strengths and your weaknesses. Always focus on your strengths, and improve your weaknesses over time. Stop worrying about the worst thing that can happen. Even the worst thing you can overcome. (unless you are planning to rob a bank, and the worst thing is jail. But I hope that is not the case). Self doubt is crippling. Ditch the self doubt. You will thank me for it later. Don’t worry about what everyone else thinks, worry about you.
- Be a person of action. Stop making excuses. Always do what you say you are going to do and hold yourself accountable.
- Dress to impress. How you present yourself can scream confidence even if you feel like a turtle in a well dressed shell.
- Fake it till you make it. That’s what the best of us do. No one has it all figured out. It helps to be one step ahead though.
- Do something that scares you. DUN DUN DUN. Strive to be brave, bold, and brilliant. Ask the person out, take that trip, go skydiving, swim with sharks, ride it’s a small world(literally that ride creeps me out…. I can hear the music in my head). Fear only holds you back. So go be fearless. Facing a fear does wonders for your confidence. Sometimes it even makes you feel like a new you.